In the past, parents would often cheer their kids to get out and have fun under the sun. Why? Because the sun can give you among the most vital vitamin of all! However, due to UV rays, weather, indoor activities, people are diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency.
What could the reasons be? Can sunscreen hinder the body from absorbing it? Does age affect the skin from producing it? What makes this vitamin extra special? It is necessary at all?
What factors contribute to the insufficiency of vitamin D?
- Extensive usage of sunscreen.
- Buildings blocking the sun and living in areas that are fogged with pollution.
- Opting to stay indoors most of the time.
- Melanin can lessen the skin’s capacities to naturally absorb the sunlight.
Who needs it?
- People who suffer from extreme fatigue and weakness.
- Bone and muscle aches, or chronic pain.
- Asthma and other kinds of respiratory illnesses.
- Cardiovascular related diseases.
- Affecting mental health resulting in depression and other psychological difficulties.
Remembering the Forgotten Fundamentals
It is indeed a fat-soluble vitamin which consists of D-1, D-2, and D-3. Did you know that your skin can produce it naturally and the sun activates the process?
If you can’t get some sunlight you may consume food, dairy products, and fish that are rich in Omega-3. Purchasing supplements will help immensely in acquiring the adequate levels you need.
- Almond milk
- Shiitake mushrooms
- Egg yolks
- Beef and calf liver
How excellent are the Benefits?
It is natural to feel worried about your health. That’s why it is imperative to go back to basic and fundamental treatments. Scientifically-researched and proven that vitamin D assists and regulates the absorption of phosphorus and calcium. It ensures the smooth progress of the natural function of the body’s immune system.
Before consuming any mineral supplements and vitamins, it is best to consult your trusted physician first. To be given proper dosage based on your age, weight, and health condition.